Did you know today is National Healthy Lunch Day? What are you having for lunch today? One way to get in a good serving of veggies for the day is to have a big ol’ salad for lunch! And I have got just the recipe for you. This beautiful and delicious fall salad has so much flavor and all of my favorite ingredients.
First, I chopped up the spinach because I just love my salad to be diced into small pieces – is that just me?
Then I cut up a Granny Smith apple and threw that on top. I also used dried cranberries, chopped walnuts, and goat cheese. Yum! Everything is better with goat cheese (in my opinion).
These toppings (other than the goat cheese) are actually what I’ve been using in my oatmeal lately too and it’s so good! Colorful produce + healthy fats for the win!
- 2 handfuls spinach, chopped
- 1 Granny Smith apple, chopped
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Goat cheese as desired
- Lemon juice (1/2 – 1 lemon)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- Chop the spinach until satisfied. Add the chopped apple, dried cranberries, and chopped walnuts. Top with goat cheese, as desired. Add a squeeze of lemon juice and 1 Tbsp. olive oil for the dressing. Enjoy!
I topped the salad with fresh squeezed lemon juice (1/2 – 1 lemon) and 1 Tbsp. olive oil and that’s it! Perfection!
Do you love goat cheese?
What’s your favorite salad toppings?