I LOVE goat cheese! I am not sure when exactly this love affair began, but I am so glad it did – I can’t get enough! I love it on salads and have been looking for more ways to use it.
I had a grilled cheese with goat cheese for brunch one day and I thought “I can make this!” so I did! Goat cheese has a strong flavor so in addition to the goat cheese, I also used mozzarella to get that really cheesy texture without it being overwhelming.
I also love pesto so I added some of that too! If you like tomato, I think a couple tomato slices would also be a good addition. Or some bacon? The possibilities are endless!
- Buttery spread
- 2 slices bread (the thicker the better)
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/8 cup goat cheese
- 1 Tbsp. pesto
- Apply buttery spread to both pieces of bread.
- Spread the pesto on one (or both) slices of bread (on the opposite side as the butter).
- Place bread on pan and then add the mozzarella and goat cheese.
- Once the sandwich is assembled, turn the burner on medium-low and cook until desired doneness.
I feel like people either love goat cheese or hate it – which are you?
What’s your favorite way to enjoy goat cheese?