I cannot believe that one year ago today I started this blog! The time has flown by so fast! Blogging has opened up a whole new world for me and really took over my life in the beginning. I think I have found better balance now. Today I am going to share with you some things I have learned in my first year of blogging.
Things I’ve learned in my first year of blogging:
- There is a whole, wonderful and awesome blogging community
- Blogging can take over your life! So much to learn and read and so much information online
- It’s good to read “how to” blogging posts with tips and such but eventually you have to figure out what is right for you (how often to blog, topics, social media, how to promote, if you’re going to make money, how you’re going to make money, etc.)
- I can do anything I set my mind to (coding!)
- Blogging takes SO MUCH WORK. I really had no idea what I was getting into as I didn’t really read blogs before or know there was such a huge blogging world. Coming up with topics, researching topics, writing posts, taking and editing pictures, scheduling posts, scheduling social media posts, reading and commenting on other blogs, responding to comments on your blog posts, website and logo design, etc.
- Blogging is a great way to meet people and make new friends in a new city
- Blogging can make you feel like you need to be plugged in 24/7 to keep up. Make sure to unplug and disconnect from the internet in order to live your life!
- You will get awesome opportunities and requests (try our fitness studio for free) but you will also get weird emails, comments, and requests
- Blogging opened up a whole new world to me – making a living from the Internet, being an entrepreneur, wearing many hats, etc. It’s exciting but also overwhelming and scary!
- Try not to compare yourself to others. Like with all social media, it can be hard not to feel discouraged when you feel like you are behind or not where others are. Don’t compare your bloopers reel to everyone else’s highlight reel
- Also – try to be real and not just share your highlight reel. HRG does a great job of this and why people love her blog!
I am not sure if I am a blogging lifer just yet. I have already slowed down with the amount of time I spend on my blogging and how many posts I put out but that may be due to the seasons and being busier this summer than I was during the winter months. We shall see but for now, thanks to all who continue to read my blog and I look forward to sharing more stories and information with you!